- Sembcorp is responsible for Singapore's first privately-developed independent power plant, which was also the country's largest cogeneration facility at 815 megawatts when it was completed in 2001. In July 2014, Sembcorp completed its second combined-cycle gas turbine cogeneration plant in Singapore. It has a power capacity of 400 megawatts and a steam production capacity of 200 tonnes per hour. Today, Sembcorp has a total cogeneration capacity of 1,215 megawatts of power and 900 tonnes per hour steam on Jurong Island
- In China, Sembcorp has over 1,100 megawatts of thermal and renewable power capacity in operation and under development. We also co-own Shanghai's first cogeneration plant, the Shanghai Cao Jing Cogeneration Plant, located in the Shanghai Chemical Industrial Park
- In India, Sembcorp has over 3,400 megawatts of thermal and renewable power capacity in operation and under development. Sembcorp's two adjacent 1,320-megawatt facilities are located in Krishnapatnam, SPSR Nellore District, Andhra Pradesh. Our wind and solar power assets are located in the renewable resource-rich southern, western and central regions of India
- In the UAE, we co-own and operate a 893 megawatt power and desalination facility in Fujairah. The plant is one of the world's largest operating hybrid desalination plants
- In Oman, we co-own and operate a 490 megawatt power and desalination facility in Salalah, the largest and most energy efficient power and water plant in the Dhofar Region in southern Oman
- In Vietnam, we co-own the 746 megawatt combined-cycle gas turbine power plant, Phu My 3
- In Myanmar, Sembcorp will be developing a 225-megawatt gas-fired power plant in the Mingyan district of the Mandalay division. When completed, the plant will be the largest gas-fired independent power plant in the country
- In Bangladesh, Sembcorp will be developing a 426-megawatt combined cycle power plant, which will be fuelled primarily by natural gas
- Sembcorp leads the way in sustainable power generation. Our renewable energy capacity accounts for approximately 15% of the Group's total power capacity. They include:
- Wind power assets in China and India
- Solar power assets in India
- Energy-from-Waste and biomass facilities in Singapore and the UK
- Sembcorp retails electricity to contestable customers in Singapore
- We offer a variety of electricity packages to meet our customers’ operational requirements
- Our dedicated and experienced team provides excellent customer service support
To find out how you can benefit from our services, please contact us at
(65) 6822 3292 or email to email@example.com.
You can also visit our website www.sembcorppower.com for more information.
Alternatively, please request for a proposal by filling in the form here.
Process Steam Production and Supply
Sembcorp produces and supplies process steam at different pressure levels for industrial process use in chemical and petrochemical hubs in Singapore, the UK and China.
Natural Gas Import, Supply and Retail
- Sembcorp is Singapore's first commercial importer and retailer of natural gas
- We import 431 billion British thermal units (BTU) of natural gas per day from West Natuna in Indonesia. This gas is supplied to major power generation and petrochemical companies including Tuas Power, PowerSeraya, ExxonMobil and Ellba Eastern
Sembcorp has compiled a handbook to help customers and other readers better understand the procedures for applying for natural gas supply and gas connection in Singapore. The procedures and requirements in this handbook comply with the latest relevant codes of practice and legal requirements in the Singapore Gas Market. The handbook, as well as relevant forms, can be downloaded at the links on the left.