Sembcorp Utilities in India

Sembcorp develops, owns and operates assets in both thermal and renewable energy sectors in India. It has 3,340 megawatts of power capacity in operation and under development in India, comprising 2,640 megawatts of thermal energy and over 700 megawatts of renewable energy. With a growing presence, Sembcorp is one of the biggest foreign investors in India's power sector in recent times.

Our power projects in India include:

Thermal Powertech Corporation India (TPCIL):


Sembcorp's first thermal power plant in India, TPCIL, is located in Krishnaptnam, SPSR Nellore District, Andhra Pradesh, India. The 1,320-megawatt coal-fired plant has successfully commenced commercial operation of its first 660-megawatt unit in February 2015. The plant is expected to be in full commercial operation when its second 660-megawatt unit completes in the third quarter of 2015.

Sembcorp owns 67.4% of TPCIL through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Sembcorp Utilities, while Gayatri Energy Ventures, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Gayatri Projects, owns the remaining 32.6%.

For more information on TPCIL, please click here.

NCC Power Projects (NCCPP):


Sembcorp's second thermal power plant, NCCPP, is located adjacent to TPCIL. The 1,320-megawatt coal-fired plant is expected to be completed in 2016.

Sembcorp owns 49% of NCCPP, while the remaining 51% is held by NCC Infrastructure Holdings, which is jointly owned by NCC Limited and Gayatri Energy Ventures.

With a total project cost of approximately US$3 billion, both thermal power plants will play an essential role in helping to meet the increasing power demand in Andhra Pradesh and in India, as well as supporting economic growth in the region.

Sembcorp Green Infra:


Sembcorp Green Infra is a reputable renewable energy company in India with strong capabilities and an experienced team that can help accelerate the group's growth in the renewable energy sector. It has over 700 megawatts of wind and solar power assets in operation and under development located in the renewable resource-rich southern, western and central regions of India.

Sembcorp owns 64% of Sembcorp Green Infra, while the remaining is held by IDFC Private Equity Fund III, which is managed by IDFC Alternatives.

For more information on Sembcorp Green Infra, please click here.