Media Releases

Sembawang Shipyard, a wholly-owned subsidiary of SembCorp Marine, has secured a S$30 million contract from Neptune Marine Oil & Gas Limited, Scotland, for the upgrading and reactivation of drill ship, Neptune Explorer. Neptune Marine Oil & Gas Limited is a growing quality offshore drilling contractor with product focus on drill-ships and other mobile offshore assets and with market focus on Mediterranean, Black Sea, Middle East, India and South East Asia.

SembCorp Industries (SembCorp) wishes to announce that its inactive subsidiaries, MSI (BVI) Limited (“MSI”), Sembawang Corporation Investments (S) Pte Ltd (“Sembawang”) and RDC Cement Pte Ltd (“RDC”) have been placed under Members’ Voluntary Liquidation.

SembCorp Industries Ltd (“SembCorp”) refers to its announcement of June 2, 2006, on its sale of an 88% stake in SembCorp Engineers and Constructors Pte Ltd (“SembE&C”) to Punj Lloyd Pte Ltd (“Punj Lloyd”). Further to this earlier sale, SembCorp has today divested its remaining 12% stake in the former SembE&C, now known as Sembawang Engineers and Constructors Pte Ltd (“SEC”), to Punj Lloyd.

Vietnam Singapore Industrial Park J.V. Co., Ltd. is pleased to mark the 10th anniversary of Vietnam Singapore Industrial Park (VSIP) with a joyous ceremony graced by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong of the Republic of Singapore and Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.

SembCorp Industries (“SCI”) wishes to announce that a wholly-owned subsidiary, SembCorp Captive Insurance Pte. Ltd. (“SCCI”) has been incorporated.

Pursuant to Rule 704(14) of the Listing Manual of the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited, SembCorp Industries wishes to announce that at the Eighth Annual General Meeting and Extraordinary General Meeting of the Company held on April 27, 2006, the proposed resolutions as set out in the Notices of the Eighth Annual General Meeting and Extraordinary General Meetings were duly passed, without any modification.

Further to SembCorp Industries’ (SembCorp) announcement on July 13, 2006 in respect of the proposed sale of SMOE Group (comprising SMOE Pte Ltd, SMOE Indonesia Pte Ltd, PT SMOE Indonesia and SCE Pte Ltd) and Sembawang Bethlehem Pte Ltd (SemBeth) to SembCorp Marine Ltd (SembMarine) and Sembawang Shipyard Pte Ltd respectively, SembCorp is pleased to announce that the sale has been completed today.

SembCorp Industries is pleased to announce the appointment of Ms Yong Ying-I as a member of the Audit Committee.

With reference to the Circular to Shareholders dated 15 June 2006 and further to the announcement dated 14 July 2006, the Board of Directors of SembCorp Industries Ltd (“SCI” or the “Company”) wishes to announce that it has lodged an Order of Court and other documents as prescribed under the Companies Act, Chapter 50, with the Registrar of Companies and Businesses today, in relation to the capital reduction and cash distribution to Shareholders, and that the special resolution for the capital reduction and cash distribution to Shareholders that was passed at the Extraordinary General Meeting of SCI on 7 July 2006 has taken effect from today.

SembCorp Industries (SembCorp) delivered a solid first half 2006 performance with strong earnings growth. Group Profit After Tax and Minority Interest (PATMI) reached a record $567.9 million, while PATMI before exceptional items (EI) from continuing operations saw a strong growth of 48% to $166.8 million on the back of a 38% rise in turnover to $3.6 billion.

SembCorp Marine delivers strong 69% growth in profit for 1H 2006 with growth mainly from the rig building, ship repair and shipbuilding sectors

SembCorp Marine is pleased to announce that its Brazilian shipyard, Maua Jurong has secured an Engineering, Procurement and Construction Contract worth US$550 million from Companhia Mexilhao do Brazil (CMB) for the construction of PMXL-1, a Fixed Gas Production Platform to be installed offshore Brazil.

back to top