Our use of cookies

We use cookies for website performance, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you’ve provided to them or that they’ve collected from your use of their services.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie Policy

Essential cookies

These cookies are intended to carry out activities that are strictly necessary for the basic operation of our website to function.

Non-essential cookies

They are used primarily for functional, analytics, performance, and advertisement purposes.


Sembcorp Achieves Financial Close for Salalah Project

March 23, 2010

Sembcorp Industries is pleased to announce that it has achieved financial close for its approximately US$1 billion combined power and desalination plant in Salalah, Oman.

Around 75% of the cost for the project, first announced on November 23, 2009, is being funded through 17-year non-recourse project finance loans, with the remaining 25% by shareholder loans and equity. The non-recourse project finance loans are being provided by Standard Chartered Bank (also the Financial Advisor), Bank of China, China Development Bank Corporation, Bank Muscat, KfW-IPEX Bank and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation as Mandated Lead Arrangers, and National Bank of Oman and Bank Sohar as Arrangers.

- END -

For analysts’ and media queries please contact:

Ng Lay San (Ms)
Vice President
Group Corporate Relations
DID: +65 6723 3150
Email: [email protected]

Fock Siu Ling (Ms)
PR Counsel
Group Corporate Relations
DID: +65 6723 3152
Email: [email protected]


Sembcorp Industries is a leading utilities and marine group. With facilities with over 3,800 megawatts of installed power capacity and over four million cubic metres of water under management per day, Sembcorp is a trusted provider of essential energy and water solutions to customers in Singapore, China, Vietnam, the United Kingdom and the Middle East. In addition, it is a world leader in marine and offshore engineering, as well as an established developer of integrated industrial townships in Asia.

Sembcorp Industries has total assets of over S$9 billion and employs around 7,000 employees. Listed on the main board of the Singapore Exchange, it is a component stock of the Straits Times Index and several MSCI indices.

Note to Editors:

Following a company rebrand, please refer to the company as “Sembcorp” (with “S” in upper case and “c” in lower case), or “Sembcorp Industries” in full. Please also note that “Sembcorp” is not an abbreviation of “Sembawang Corporation” but a brand name in itself, and it is therefore incorrect to refer to our company as “Sembawang”, “Sembawang Corporation” or similar.