Our use of cookies

We use cookies for website performance, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you’ve provided to them or that they’ve collected from your use of their services.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie Policy

Essential cookies

These cookies are intended to carry out activities that are strictly necessary for the basic operation of our website to function.

Non-essential cookies

They are used primarily for functional, analytics, performance, and advertisement purposes.


Sembcorp Completes Acquisition of Renewable Energy Company, Green Infra, in India

February 13, 2015

Further to its announcement on February 11, 2015 on the signing of agreements to acquire a 60% stake in Green Infra, Sembcorp Industries (Sembcorp) is pleased to announce that it has successfully completed the acquisition. The total consideration for Sembcorp’s stake is Rs 10.6 billion (approximately S$227 million), which is financed by a mixture of internally generated funds and debt financing.

With the completion of the acquisition, Sembcorp now holds 60% of Green Infra, while the remaining 40% is held by IDFC Private Equity Fund III, which is managed by IDFC Alternatives. Sembcorp now has over 1,000 megawatts in renewable energy capacity globally, and a total gross power capacity of almost 7,900 megawatts in operation and under development worldwide.

The acquisition is not expected to have a material impact on the earnings per share and net asset value per share of Sembcorp Industries for the financial year ending December 31, 2015.