Our use of cookies

We use cookies for website performance, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you’ve provided to them or that they’ve collected from your use of their services.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our Cookie Policy

Essential cookies

These cookies are intended to carry out activities that are strictly necessary for the basic operation of our website to function.

Non-essential cookies

They are used primarily for functional, analytics, performance, and advertisement purposes.


Sembcorp Increases Stake In Singapore Consortium Involved In Sino-Singapore Nanjing Eco High-Tech Island

September 30, 2010

Sembcorp Industries announces that its fully-owned subsidiary, Sembcorp Industrial Parks, has increased its interest in Singapore Intelligent Eco Island Development (SIEID) from 30% to 43% following its acquisition of 9,230,000 shares in SIEID from Surbana Land for a total consideration of S$9.23 million. The remaining 57% of SIEID is held by Yanlord Land.  The consideration paid per share is the same as the original amount injected by Surbana Land.

SIEID represents the Singapore consortium involved in the Sino-Singapore Nanjing Eco High-Tech Island, Nanjing’s largest foreign collaborative project, which is set to be a showcase of sustainable urban development.  SIEID has a 50-50 joint venture with Nanjing Jiangdao Investment & Development Co, Sino-Singapore Nanjing Eco Hi-tech Island Development Co (SNEHID), which is incorporated in China and which will own and develop the project.  With Sembcorp Industrial Parks’ increased share in the Singapore consortium, its effective share in SNEHID will increase from 15% to 21.5%.  The increase is in line with Sembcorp’s strategy to promote sustainable urban developments through its integrated townships business.

The acquisition of additional shares in SIEID is not expected to have a material impact on the earnings per share and net asset value per share of Sembcorp Industries for the financial year ending December 31, 2010.